Sunday, September 16, 2012

To a Pulp.

What do you do when you want to break things? Specifically flesh, mean, people-shaped things? You write a blog post about it of course.

I just attended a committee meeting of the Society of Anime, Manga and Gaming here at my university. I am just a General Member. We are part of the committee, but have no real purpose other than being lackeys. Unofficially, I am promotional-materials-girl, because the work I've done for them so far has been pretty awesome. But, with every system of government, our committee has its flaws. I am not one for swearing. I think there are better adjectives out there. But this situation really does make me want to swear. 
There has been a stink over one of our Events Coordinators, well, she was one up until recently. The story goes that some other member made a mistake with a box of soft drink cans. The cans belonged to another member, but were accidentally added to the communal ice-box for resale on a club night. Only a small amount of the cans were sold and someone declared that the person who had made the mistake was to repay the owner of the cans for the full price of the box. The ex-Coordinator stood up for this guy and was viciously shot down. She decided that she didn't want to be part of such a mean group of people any more and quit. Now everyone bar me and my boyfriend, the Gaming Commissar, seem to hate her. She's a timid thing, yet they complain and bitch about every little thing she does. It just pisses me off.

Why are people so cruel to one another?


Eating: Can't be bothered.

Listening to: My music didn't really cheer me up.

Wearing: Stig shirt and shorts.

Feeling: Like a certain word. Common lore says the word was an acronym from when fertilizer manure was transported in cargo ships. If stored low in the hold, the methane would build up and cause an explosion risk. So, Store High In Transit, or S.H.I.T. was stamped on it.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I just hate people. Some of them you just can't please. They seem to have decided you and them are always going to be mortal enemies.

    Stories like this anger me. I have the violent urge to go and assualt the first person who is verbally abusing another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems like such a silly and insignificant thing to fight over. Hope your group comes around soon!

    ReplyDelete

Sling some ink